31st Oct 2022
Petition for domestic violence injunction
A petition for domestic violence injunction can be filed by anyone who is the victim of any act of domestic violence.
This includes repeated and sexual violence or has reasonable cause to believe he or she is in imminent danger of becoming the victim of any act of domestic violence.
Florida Statutes outline what a petitioner may seek protection from in various types of petitions:
– Domestic violence involving current or former spouses, people related by blood or marriage, who are or have lived together as a family, or have a child in common.
– Dating violence is between individuals who have or have had a continuing and significant relationship of a romantic or intimate nature.
– Repeat violence involves incidents on two separate occasions, one of which must have occurred within the past six months.
– Sexual violence involves any incident of sexual battery, lewd or lascivious acts committed on or in the presence of a person younger than 16, luring or enticing a child, sexual performance by a child, or any other forcible felony wherein a sexual act is committed or attempted.
– Stalking is the repeated following, harassment, or cyberstalking of one person by another. Cyberstalk means to engage in a course of conduct to communicate, or to cause to be communicated, words, images, or language by or through the use of electronic mail or electronic communication, directed at a specific person, causing substantial emotional distress to that person and serving no legitimate purpose.
If you have been involved in domestic violence in Miami, then you may want to call an experienced criminal defense attorney for legal advice.