By : | Category : Domestic Violence | Comments Off on HOW TO GET A RESTRAINING ORDER FOR DOMESTIC VIOLENCE

15th Nov 2022

I need to get a domestic violence injunction, what do I do?

Domestic violence injunction, also known as a restraining order, can be filed by anyone whom is a victim of any act of domestic violence.

An attorney isn’t required should you need an injunction. You are always given the change to retain an attorney to provide you with additional assistance with the injunction procedure.

To inform the petitioners about the injunction process, the Office of State Courts has created a brochure for petitioners that discusses many important issues. Additionally, the Office of Court Improvement has produced two videos that discusses the injunction process and what to expect at a domestic violence injunction hearing. This content will provide additional information on what to expect in a domestic violence process should you not retain an attorney.

To file for an injunction (Petition for Injunction), you can go to any courthouse and the Victim Services Offices will be able to assist you and any other victims of sexual assault, domestic violence, homicide, and other violent crimes through crisis response, advocacy, therapy and community awareness. They will help with referrals to social service agencies in the community, safety planning, and procedural information about the court process.

If you have been involved in domestic violence in Miami, then you may want to call an experienced criminal defense attorney for legal advice.